Saturday, December 25, 2010

Merry Christmas!



Wishing you a bright and joyous Christmas, 
filled with the awe that our Saviour, 
the Creator of earth and stars and heavens, 
was made flesh and dwelt among us,
made in the likeness of men, the form of a servant,
that He might become our Kinsman Redeemer
the Perfect Lamb, sacrificed for us, the unworthy.



We had a lovely Christmas morning, sharing breakfast and opening presents with each other. Yes... we had a tree this year (and presents!) for the first time in years! There was a certain pine tree that was growing too big in our front yard, and my brothers insisted that it needed chopping down, so one fine day in December... it came inside, and the blessing of bountiful gifts accumulated underneath.

The anticipation and joy on my brother's faces as they waited and opened each gift was more than worth it. Isn't this what it is all about?

Family... Together... Sharing... Joy... Gifts... 
Celebrating He, the Greatest Gift Of All,
and the innumerable, bountiful gifts He bestows, daily

Now to enjoy Christmas lunch as a family, all at home, and tonight to share dinner with precious friends from different continents. The wondrous blessing of community :)



Christmas Day is such a bittersweet day, the date marking some sad memories that bring me to tears when I remember. Knowing this will be one of the last times we're all together, as New Year brings some changes for all of us. And yet knowing, He, our Creator who orchestrates galaxies and universes, has us in the palm of His hand and guides our every step, is worthy of my trust and my dependance. On Him I lean, on His peace I rely.

Emmanuel, God with us, 
Christ in me, the hope of glory.

Christmas blessings to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment