Friday, December 10, 2010

... and Endings



Today marked the end of an era, the end of a chapter.

Seven years of work, of joy, of stress, of tension, of learning, or achievements, of promotions, of growth... of friendships, of conversations, of connection... of life.

Seven years in my first job, and what I take with me is more than just work experience. The relationships built on the moments shared, of things common and differing, of comforting and challenging, each one I have interacted with has taught me so much.

To those with whom I have shared laughter and tears and morning teas and theology and testimonies and coffee and photography and second lunches and late nights and bad jokes and train rides... and more food, always more food... I'm going to miss you. Thank you for all you've shared. God bless you all.


This week, I couldn't help thinking how life had come full circle (doesn't it always?). I began, seven-and-a-half years ago, helping another copy and collate and distribute and file reports. Again, this week, I helped another handle the mountains of reports.

We packed up and moved reception... on the last day of school for the year (of all days!). The desk, the first that had been my own, now stood blank, empty. As though my days, too, were packed and moved and clean and empty.

Nostalgia prevailed as memories flooded and a huge part of my life slipped away. Yet there was joy, too. Overwhelming thanksgiving, for all that had been, and all that it has made me. And excitement. Excitement for the eighth day, the new beginning.



To everything there is a season,
A time for every purpose under heaven
Ecclesiastes 3:1
Photos: White rose, gift from fellow colleague's family to all ladies in the office; my original desk, now empty.

No comments:

Post a Comment