Sunday, January 9, 2011

Lakes Entrance to Bateman's Bay {Road Trip Day 2}


Friday morning, the sunrise over the lakes was BEAUTIFUL!


It was here that we said goodbye to our friends, the six dear girls who had so-journed thus far to see us off. From here on, it was just Bea & me.

We stopped at the beach, as I wanted to get my feet wet at a real live surf beach. It was beautiful. This stretch of ocean is open and wild and reaches all the way to Tasmania.






As was the day before, the landscape was rich and varied. New Zealand one moment, England the next, all the while not letting us forget we were in Australia, due to the vast size.

There was so much I wanted to see, so many towns I wanted to visit, so many walks I would have like to have done, and a million more photos just begging to be taken, but time did not permit.

Besides, Bea wouldn't let me take photos while I was driving. So many lovely landscapes that I had to drink with my eyes only, and not capture with camera lens.








We stopped in Mallacoota for lunch, a cozy quaint and decidedly Australian coastal town. I'd long wanted to visit, due to it's location... right on the corner of Victoria, jutting out in to the ocean as far south and as far east as the peninsula allowed it.




Eden... a little town situated in an area akin to paradise itself.



Yes, that's a bird flying.


This is called the Sapphire Coast... it's not hard to see why.



The town itself was nothing more than a fishing village, with the choice of cuisine being between a fish & chip shop and a hardware store. 

The view over Bega, dairy & cheese capital.





We stayed with my aunt & uncle in Bateman's Bay. They have a beautiful holiday home only a stone's throw from the beach. A beautiful place for a morning walk and contemplation and prayer!









When I was a little girl, I met my uncle's dad, Lou. A stately noble gentleman, I couldn't help love him. When we said goodbye, I cried. I thought I would never see him again.

Twenty years later, God granted my heart's desire. I saw Lou again. I also got to meet his precious wife, who he had married since my last visit.

This time, there were still tears at the parting, but the cry of my heart was different. "Dear Lord, let this not be the last time we meet. Let us meet on the other shore, where we never grow old and never more die."

No comments:

Post a Comment